Prof. Dr. Martin Vechev
Brief BioI am originally from Sofia, Bulgaria where I was born and grew up. There I stuided at the Sofia High School of Mathematics (SMG) .
Currently, I am a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Computer Science at ETH Zurich (since 2012) where I lead the Software Reliability Lab.
Prior to ETH, I was a Research Staff Member at the IBM T.J. Watson Research Center in New York (2007 - 2011).
I obtained my PhD from the University of Cambridge, England (2003-2008).
I obtained my B.Sc. from Simon Fraser University (SFU) , Canada (1996-2001).
I am interested in program analysis, program synthesis, application of machine learning to programming languages, and concurrency.
- ERC Starting Grant (2015)
- Google Faculty Research Awards (2014, 2015)
- Facebook Faculty Award, 2015
- Outstanding Artifact Award, ACM OOPSLA 2013
- IBM Research Division Award, 2011
- Extraordinary Accomplishment Award, 2010
(awarded by John Kelly, IBM Senior Vice President and Director of IBM Research)
- Best Paper Award, Runtime Verification, 2010
- IBM Research Outstanding Project Award, 2010
- John Atanasoff Award, awarded by the President of Bulgaria, 2009: Photo, National TV
- Two IBM Invention and an Outstanding Technical Achievement Awards (2005, 2008)
- SFU and Cambridge Scholarships (1996, 2003)